Discover the heart of central Asia
Dushanbe, located in the heart of central Asia and the capital city of Tajikistan, is known for its mature tree lined avenues, ample public parks, and an outstanding mix between the old Soviet era style of architecture and the quaint pastel-colored neoclassical shopping arcades and government buildings, and is home to national museums, a botanical garden, an opera theater, the scenic Victory Park, and the traditional Chaikhanas (local teahouses). With more than 90% of the country covered by mountains with spectacular scenery, the city is a gateway for Mountaneering, Cycling, Kayaking, and other adventure activities.
The hotel is strategically located on Aini Street, providing easy access to the main business areas, the embassies of Russia, China, the USA and Great Britain, as well as the commercial areas and local touristic attractions.
- Rohat Chaikhona. Old traditional teahouse located near central Dushanbe on Rudaki
- Victory Park: Hike to the top for a seasonal tiki-themed beer garden offering views of the city. The gondola dates from Soviet days, and has not operated for several years. Turn left off of Rudaki at the TSUM and pass the beer factory.
- Fort Hissar. Rebuilt 13th century fort and madrassa. It is a must-see and includes small museums of ancient Tajik culture. It was destroyed by Soviet troops in their hunt for Enver Pasha.
- Massive Statue of Somoni: This statue commemorates the one for whom the currency is named. It is on Prospekt Aiani. The crown is 10 kilograms of Tajik gold.
- Gurminj Musical Instrument Museum: This small museum has an interesting variety of Central Asian musical instruments and it hosts be musical and cultural events. Local musicians practice there and can demo many of the instruments in the collection.
- Tajik Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre of Sadridin Ayni
- National Museum of Antiquities. Probably the best in the country, focusing on the Greco-Bactrian sites of Takht-i-Sangin (including a small ivory image of Alexander the Great) and Kobadiyan, a number of exhibits that detail the country's history, plus original Sogdian murals from Penjikent. The highlight is the 13m-long Sleeping Buddha.
- Rudaki statue. The new park on Rudaki Avenue includes fountains, a huge statue of Rudaki, and a new government palace.
- Botanical Gardens and Zoo.
- Dushanbe Airport
- Sheraton Dushanbe Hotel
- Botanic Gardens
- Massive Statue of Somoni
- National Library,
- Rudaki statue
- Tajik Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre
- Victory Park
- Gurminj Musical Instrument Museum
- National Museum of Antiquities
How To Get Here
Hear from our guests about their stay from 5 verified guest reviews
100%of our guests
recommend this hotel
The staff always remembers my name and preferred choices. The staff goes above and beyond expectations. I can not express enough...my gratitude towards the Sheraton Dushanbe